multiple chemical sensitivity, fragrances
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 18:52:05 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jim,
I didn't hear Lynn say that gardenias (as an example) should be totally removed from everyone's presence, rather that if there is someone who is sensitive to them, it might be a good idea to remove them from the public/common spaces. This should still allow you to have gardenias in your private space.

Here is an example from our community: I've always wanted to have a fruit-bearing olive tree, because I grew up in the Middle East, and olive trees have significance to me both emotionally, and also because I love olives and would love growing and curing some of my own. I was planning to have a tree in my back yard once I moved into my cohousing home. It turns out that one of my neighbors is severely allergic to the pollen, so I don't have one... I can't imagine insisting on having a plant which would make
someone sick -- as dear as that plant might be to me.

Best,
Racheli.