RE: Re: multiple chemical sensitivity, fragrances
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 08:28:20 -0700 (PDT)
Becky, I am assuming you are a forming group. There are many reasons why the
person you describe will most likely not end becoming a member of your
group. It is common that many people will start the journey as you build
your community, only a few from the start will be there at the end.
Personally, I would table this until you have mortgages, and make no
assurances to this person either way. It is an issue, but it is their issue
and as you are already finding out, there are limits to what people will do
to accommodate others. Severe disabilities that require extreme efforts by
everybody seldom can get supported in the long run.  If they end up a
mortgage holder, which is one of the last steps of moving in, then work on
it through to accommodate them as best as you can. It is likely they will
choose not to join you anyway and any work you do now will be a waste of
time.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood Cohousing
Maltby, WA