Re: Re: Chemical sensitivities
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 1, 2005, at 2:48 PM, OCC611ng wrote:

A HEPA filtering device only removes particulates. HEPA stands for High
Energy Particulate Air.

In order to remove the VOC's given off by candles and fragrances, you need an activated carbon filter. Many years ago I got so sick from Sterno heaters at a party that I lost my powers of speech and could hardly walk. If large activated carbon filter devices had been used, I probably would
have at least been able to explain my problem to others.

The Hepa filters I've had also had carbon filters.

With sterno, I think it would had to have been a BIG filter.

Sharon.