Rules & Regs
From: Michael Scalia (michael.scaliawebmethods.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Everyone,

We are a young EcoVillage; the ninth home is under construction.  There has
been a bit of discussion here over the magnitude of the rules and
regulations and the level of control that is appropriate for the community
association to exert over the residents.

Some here feel that it is best to have clearly articulated guidelines that
anticipate possible problems and explicitly spell out how to deal with them.
Others find the regulations intrusive and Big Brotherish.  We have an
Architectural & Environmental Guideline document currently at 79 pages, and
our Bylaws weigh in at 37 pages.

I am guessing this issue has come up for many of you and am wondering how
you've dealt with it.  Any experience you would like to share would be most
appreciated.

Many thanks,
Michael Scalia