Re: Rules & Regs
From: Marta Vanegas (adminconcordiacohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:55:34 -0700 (PDT)
Peg,

I totally agree with you - and I'm a lawyer, supposedly making a living on
regulations. :-) I think regulate-as-you-go is a brilliant idea, besides: why
to take an advance out on the problems?

Sincerely, Marta V.

Peg Blum <pegb [at] cambridgecohousing.org> wrote:
After 7 years of living in community, I think our minimalist approach is
working well. When issues arise, we do try to discuss as a community and
sometimes refer problems to our Community Life Committee or our Managing
Board. One can never anticipate exactly which issues will become
problematic for your community and we believed it was best to deal with the
issues as they arose. (Not every concern needs a regulation! Sometimes it
just needs discussion at a general meeting or on email.)