Rules & Regs
From: Michael Scalia (nonduegmail.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 20:05:01 -0700 (PDT)
Hello Everyone,

We are a young EcoVillage; the ninth home is under construction.
There has been a bit of discussion here over the magnitude of the
rules and regulations and the level of control that is appropriate for
the community association to exert over the residents.

Some here feel that it is best to have clearly articulated guidelines
that anticipate possible problems and explicitly spell out how to deal
with them.  Others find the regulations intrusive and Big Brotherish.
We have an Architectural & Environmental Guideline document currently
at 79 pages, and our Bylaws weigh in at 37 pages.

I am guessing this issue has come up for many of you and wonder how
you've dealt with it.  Any experience you would like to share would be
most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Michael Scalia