Re: Re: ASSOCIATE MEMBERS IN ADJACENT HOMES
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 4, 2005, at 6:24 PM, katie-henry [at] att.net wrote:

We're grappling with how/if to integrate them into the community, grant them access (full? partial?), charge them fees, etc.

What our lawyer said when we asked is that she wasn't sure but since we are legally a condominium, it would raise questions about what we were if we started functioning essentially as a club -- charging fees to "join." It would change our legal standing. We would also have to conform to other laws governing clubs -- liability, safety, open memberships, etc.

Our initial impulse to do this passed as we had more than we could handle with just ourselves so we never pursued it.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC