Senior Cohousing book release party @ Swan's tonight (Mon.)
From: Raines Cohen (rc2-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 13:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
For anybody in the SF Bay Area interested in planning for their future or
helping their parents maintain independence by taking control with D-I-Y
(Do It Yourself) community creation: Join me tonight at Swan's for this
event with the author, based on his recent studies on the evolution of
Cohousing in Denmark. Chuck will be speaking next month at the Berkeley
Hillside Club, and will be organizing events at a variety of cohousing
and senior communities, conferences, and other opportunities.

Raines

P.S. I'll also be showing my studio loft unit for sale there during the
event, in case anybody would like a peek.
-

What: Senior Cohousing book release/discussion with the author

When: Monday, August 8 at 8:00PM
Where: Swan's Market Cohousing ( http://www.swansway.com/ )
930 Clay Street
Oakland CA 94607
(510) 315-0431
Optional book purchase: $29.95 per copy

Event Description:
Meet Charles Durrett, author of the new book

Senior Cohousing:
A Community Approach to Independent Living

http://tinyurl.com/7bdjw

pick up the book, get it inscribed, and talk about what
cohousing and independent living means to you!

Learn how thousands of people around the world have taken
action to create their own communities and maintain their
independence as they "age in place", building support systems
where they are in control, with the freedom and flexibility
they need.

Connect with others and get inspired to start working on
intergenerational or age-specific cohousing where you want to
live.

Charles (Chuck) Durrett has designed over thirty cohousing
communities in North America and has consulted on many more
around the world.

 Charles Durrett has also co-authored (with his wife Katie McCamant)
Cohousing: A Contemporary Approach to Housing Ourselves, the book that
introduced the concept of cohousing to the United States.  He currently
lives in Nevada City, California, while his new cohousing community is
being constructed (Nevada City Cohousing, which includes 17 seniors). He
lived in Doyle Street Cohousing with his family for 12 years. As credited
in the Oxford English Dictionary, Charles with his wife coined the word
"cohousing".

The Cohousing Co.:
http://www.cohousingco.com/

 RSVP: