Urban/Suburban/Rural decision at start?
From: Buzz Harris (buzzthesubnet.net)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks.

I am involved with a new cohousing group starting up in the greater Boston area (I was involved with Mosaic Commons - Hi Catya! - but the land that they found is, sadly, too far away from work, etc. for my honey and me).

While my partner and I are open to living in cohousing in urban, suburban, or rural settings, some people have strong preferences for one or another of these possibilities and/or for specific areas of a state.

My question is this - in the experience of those who have gone down this road before, how important is it for a cohousing group to clarify early where it wants to search for land (urban, suburban, rural)? Or is it important at all?

Thanks,

Buzz

Buzz Harris
Writer, activist, & political researcher

buzz_harris [at] yahoo.com
www.livejournal.com/users/civic_oracle/