Fresno accepting new members
From: Lynette Bassman (lbassmanalliant.edu)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:33:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, everybody.

I just wanted to give you an update on our progress.  Last September, we
had an introductory presentation about cohousing by Katie McCamant, and
soon after that, formed a very active and dedicated group.  We have
worked hard all year on building trust and teamwork, setting up legal
and organizational structures, looking for land, and designing our
community with The Cohousing Company.  We are now within a few weeks of
closing on the land and submitting plans to the city.  We will have 28
units, and right now we have 16 households.  So we are beginning to do
some outreach to fill the remaining units.  There are 2, 3, and 4
bedroom units available, with prices from the mid 300's to the mid
400's.  Our common facilities will include a pool and spa, an exercise
facility, a meditation/yoga room, a game room, and a multi-use workshop,
along with all the usual things like a sitting room, dining room and
kitchen, teen room, children's room, guest room, gardens, etc.

We are planning a public presentation on September 22.  Please contact
me back-channel if you would like any information about the presentation
or the project.

Thank you.

Lynette Bassman, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

California School of Professional Psychology at

Alliant International University

phone: (559) 253-2240

fax:  (559) 253-2267

lbassman [at] alliant.edu