Re: Accepting donations to the common house
From: Dahako (Dahakoaol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi-

If I remember correctly, we had a room captain for each common house  room.
That person decided what donations to accept and what not to.   And the
community gave the captains license to say "no" to anything that didn't  suit
the
plan for their room.

We also made pretty much anyone with a donation move it to the  community
themselves.  We were just too crushed for time to  organize for common storage
and move of donations.

After we moved in, we had a day where everyone with anything to donate or
swap put it out in the living room and dining room.  Room captains walked
through first and got first pick.  After that, everyone else in the  community
got
to take anything they could use.  Then the event organizers  donated the rest
of the stuff to a couple of local places.

Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, MD
"Where a bunch of sunflowers came in with our CSA (farm) subscriptions this
week."