First meeting invitation - Common Hearth Cohousing (MA)
From: Buzz Harris (buzzthesubnet.net)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:56:52 -0700 (PDT)

Common Hearth Cohousing
(Working Title)

24 - 34 units of cohousing
Metro Boston area - inside 495
considering urban, sub-urban, or rural

First Meeting
Sunday, September 18, 2005
3:30pm - 5:30pm

Please join us to define our vision at Cambridge
Cohousing in their Common House (directions below).

Childcare available - please contact Buzz at
buzz_harris [at] yahoo.com for details.

Please feel free to pass this message on to interested
parties.  We look forward to seeing you there!

RSVP - buzz_harris [at] yahoo.com or 781.641.9809.

Directions to Cambridge Cohousing
(175 Richdale Ave., Cambridge, MA)

From the North and West:
Approach Porter Square on Mass. Ave from the West
(from Arlington)
Turn right on Walden Ave, at the KFC
Cross over railroad tracks (commuter rail Porter to
Waltham to S.Acton)
Turn right on Richdale Ave (1st right past tracks)
* Enter the grounds through the white gate with the
sign saying "Cambridge Cohousing, 175 Richdale Ave"
Enter the building through the double glass doors
ahead
Enter the lobby through the glass door on your left
Coat room is down the hall to the right; Dining
room/kid space is down the hall to the left.

From the East and South:
Approach Porter Square on Mass. Ave from the South
(from Harvard Sq)
Turn left onto Upland St, at the T station.
** Turn right on Richdale Ave. (1st right)
Go a long block, then cross Walden Ave.
Continue from * above.

From Porter Square T stop, on foot:
Exit the Porter Square T stop
Cross Mass Ave
Keep going down Upland St. (opposite the T stop. A
Brueggers Bagels is on the corner)
Continue from ** above.

What is cohousing, for those that have not heard of
it?

Thumbnail version - it's a group of people who get
together and create a kind of modern village where you
plan and develop your own community and know all of
your neighbors.  There are 16 or so cohousing
communities already in Massachusetts and well over 150
in the U.S.

See <http://www.cohousing.org/resources/whatis.html>http://www.cohousing.org/resources/whatis.html and
the associated faq for more info.

Interested?  Good!  We hope to see you there.