Re: electronic decision logs ?
From: Nancy Baumeister (nancybeepeak.org)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT)
If anyone has examples or advice, please reply to the list as our community is also wanting to develope a good, easy to search, easy to use decision log.

Nancy Baumeister
CoHo Cohousing in Corvallis Oregon

Judy Eda wrote:

Hello!
Our two-year-old 30-household neighborhood is trying to create an
electronic decision log / data base where we can easily search
previous decisions AND the consensus discussions leading up to them.

In an effort to keep from reinventing a wheel that's surely out there
somewhere in the CoHo realm, I searched the archives.  Found some
tantalizing snippets under "decision log":

From: juliemazo (JMAZOcrocker.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 16:14:11 -0600 (MDT)
Pathways Cohousing has developed a Decision Data Base of all consensus
decisions pulled out of meeting minutes.  The data base can be searched by
date or by any word in the decision.  Getting everything input is a
time-consuming drag and is not yet complete . . .

but am still hoping for nuts-and-bolts "How To" (or How NOT To)  advice.

Comments, please!

-- Judith Eda
newest (but oldest) resident of "SONG," Second Neighborhood Group,
EcoVillage at Ithaca, New York
<http://www.ecovillage.ithaca.ny.us/>