Re: A cohousing web hosting service (Dirk Herr-Hoyman)
From: Judy Eda (judyedagmail.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:24:05 -0700 (PDT)
You wrote:

> Why doesn't someone, oh like cohousing.org, provide a web hosting
> service for Cohousing communities?

I think this good idea is appropriate for groups that are
geographically dispersed -- like UU members, or folks in a FORMING
cohousing group.

For a community like ours that's already up and running, it may not be
relevant:  we now  have our own high-speed connection (serving 60
households), our own server, Web page, etc.

But I heartily agree with Dirk's comments that it needs to be SIMPLE.
For instance, experience has shown that most non-geeks don't use the
wiki that we already have.

Whatever "electronic decision log" we set up has to be so
user-friendly that any member of our community can read and search it
easily.

-- Judy Eda

(long-time member of P.O.E.M. -- the Professional Organization of
English Majors, with a tip o' the hat to Garrison Keillor)