Re: Outreach meeting idea
From: dahako (dahakoaol.com)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:56:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hi -

I don't think this is the group you were talking about, but we did something similar. When we were working on Eno Commons, the members started having Tuesday night dinners in support of a pregnant member. The outreach guys started inviting interested prospective members to the dinners to meet everyone. It was so popular that our marketing folks made sure they tried to get every prospective member to a community dinner, even if it had to be in a restaurant. By the time we actually got a common kitchen, we had been dining together almost every Tuesday for around 2 years.

-Jessie Handforth Kome
Eastern Village Cohousing
Silver Spring, Maryland
"Where our newest member was born today!"