Cohousing vs. HOA Communities
From: Pete Holsberg (pjh42verizon.net)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:13:24 -0700 (PDT)
I live in a single-family house/over-55 community with a Homeowners Association and am on a mailing list with members that are trying to do away with the so-called evils of HOAs -- non-judicial foreclosures, lack of accountability of the board of directors, too much control over what people can do to the outsides of their houses and property, etc.

From what I've been reading, a cohousing community is one that, like an HOA community of single family houses, ownx and manages common properties, and collects dues for that purpose.

What other ways are cohousing and HOAs alike? Different? Bulleted lists preferable. :-)

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), speech, 1808