Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:20:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Pete! How nice to see you here :)

What other ways are cohousing and HOAs alike? Different? Bulleted lists
preferable. :-)

The primary difference, I think, is that the HOA in a cohousing group are the people who live there, not external folks.

Anne wrote...

By the way there is a forming cohousing group in
central New Jersey called, I think, Garden State Cohousing.

In fact, I imagine you may know the founders, or are a maximum of one step away anyway :)

        - catya
                         ____
Catya Belfer-Shevett  ____\  /      Interested in
catya [at] pobox.com       \  / \/      Cohousing in MA?
www.catya.org          \/       www.mosaic-commons.org