Re: Re:rules and regulations
From: Pete Holsberg (pjh42verizon.net)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon Villines wrote:

On Aug 29, 2005, at 10:52 PM, Evdavwes [at] aol.com wrote:

Are there any co-housing
communities that struggle with the tension around how things look and the different standards held by members? How have other communities resolved issues related to the physical appearance of common areas and areas visible to all?

I can't say we have resolved this issue but we have improved conditions just by talking about them. Doing a round in a community meeting and listening to how everyone feels about this has been very helpful in cleaning the place up a bit. It raises awareness.

At what size does a community meeting become unweildy?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), speech, 1808