|Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Pete Holsberg (pjh42verizon.net)|
|Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:35:56 -0700 (PDT)|
Catya Belfer-Shevett wrote:
Hi Pete! How nice to see you here :)
Thanks. It's Dave's doing.
What other ways are cohousing and HOAs alike? Different? Bulleted lists preferable. :-)The primary difference, I think, is that the HOA in a cohousing group are the people who live there, not external folks.
Hey, I think you're more confused than I am!! :-)What you call "the external folks" in an HOA are probably the management company that is hired by the HOA to do the day-to-day stuff -- paying bills, overseeing contracted services, handling requests from residents, etc.
Are you suggesting that cohousing residents manage their own property? As volunteers? How big a community can an amateur property manager manage? (Not suggesting that property management is brain surgery!)
- Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities, (continued)
- Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities aamato, August 30 2005
Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities Catya Belfer-Shevett, August 30 2005
- Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities Pete Holsberg, August 30 2005
- Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities Sharon Villines, September 6 2005
- Re: Cohousing vs. HOA Communities Fred H Olson, August 31 2005
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.