Re: Getting Buy-In on Decisions
From: OCC611ng (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 12:04:20 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon:

> Having the board ratify that the meeting was properly called and
> announced is standard practice, I think. The Board is responsible for
> ensuring the proper functioning of the corporation.

Are you saying that the Board has the responsibility to ensure that
membership meetings are properly called and announced?  If the Board is
responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the corporation, and
insufficient participation in decision making is being tolerated, the Board
can be sued because of dereliction of duty.

If that is true, then rubber-stamping all decisions consensed in membership
meetings, no matter how they are achieved, is indeed irresponsible and
subject to challenge.

Thanks for bringing up that point.

Norm Gauss