Re: Private use of Common Space
From: OCC611ng (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:00:52 -0700 (PDT)
We are in the process of defining parcels of community-owned land as
private-use areas behind people's homes. We are, for the most part, of the
opinion that such use should be without cost to the owner.

We have a policy of charging $25 per month for use of an extra parking
space.  If a household needs more than one car, then they must pay to use
extra parking spaces.  Each condominium home is already entitled to one free
parking space.  Only extra ones need to be paid for.

Both the extra parking spaces and the private-use areas are community-owned
land.  I think that there is a double standard here where parking spaces
must be paid for, but private-use areas behind people's homes are free.

Have any other communities made any policies where continual private-use of
community land should have a cost associated with it?

Norm Gauss