RE: Private use of Common Space
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 14:56:03 -0700 (PDT)
We have a blanket liabiity that covers any use. Renting it out creates no
special need for any additional liability, since the building is treated by
the insurance as a commercial building, with the assumption that it is being
rented. As to whom gets charged rental fees, in our situation if it’s a
private function, and not a family function, then the fee is charged. So for
instance, a family reunion, birthday or family holiday use has no charge, a
church retreat or a club meeting has a charge. The fee is called a rental
fee not a donation. Since we only rent to support members, there has never
been any issues of theft since we require the member to be present and hold
them accountable for cleanup and any damages. Actually, almost always the
building is left cleaner than it started.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood