Re: rentals in small cmties
From: OCC611ng (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:11:19 -0700 (PDT)
Our cohousing community of 36 homes is about 16 months old.  When fully
sold, we still had three unoccupied units.  Two of these units eventually
were rented out.

The two renters are very active in our community, much more so than many of
the owners.  Both are single and have no family obligations which might take
their time and energy away from community affairs.

We have been very pleased with the degree of involvement of the renters in
community activities and decision making.  Our rules permit them to
participate in deliberations on proposals not requiring financing.  We
welcome them, and they reward us with their attention and valuable ideas.

Norm Gauss