Re: Grounds query: do you use a chipper/shredder?
From: Chris ScottHanson (chriscohousingresources.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 08:17:27 -0700 (PDT)
WARNING

Chipper/shredders that really work are large and expensive. In my opinion, you should NOT buy, but rent, and rent the largest thing you can rent. If possible, consider hiring a tree company with a REALLY BIG machine to come in and chip for you.

New, wet material always goes through more easily. Smaller machines will often handle only small, newly cut material. The big machines will handling bigger, and drier material.

IN SUMMARY: In this case, BIGGER is in fact better. Back yard chippers only handle very small sticks, and they are very slow. Get something BIG.

Chris ScottHanson