elevators
From: Patricia Chadwick (pchadwickinternews.org)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:51:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

We are planning a cohousing development in California and are committed
to universal design. Because we have a fairly small plot of land we
discussed building some units over the common house and therefore
installing an elevator. Has anyone included an elevator in their plans
and if so, can you give me a rough idea of the cost, including
maintenance? The elevator would only be going up one floor. Is a
commercial elevator required or could a residential one be used? I know
this may differ depending on local building codes but I'd appreciate any
info anyone has.

Thanks, Pat

Janes Creek Cohousing, Arcata, CA