Re: Extrapolation of unit sizes from surveys
From: Caren Albercook (calbercookyahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:14:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Carey,
   I live in Sunward Cohousing in Ann Arbor, MI and
we've been living on site for the last 8 years.  We
have 8 of our 40 units as one bedrooms and this is
where we tend to get the students, people trying on
cohousing and elder members of our community.  (Our
elders also live in 2 and 3 bedroom units.)  These
units turn over more than the others and provide us
with variety in membership as well as a source of
youthful energy in committee work.  As much as parents
delight in cohousing and benefit greatly from
community, (I am a parent of a 3 and 7 year old) they
are busy raising families and don't have as much time
and energy to do the work it takes to manage/
coordinate life together.  So, I encourage you to
provide a variety of sized units to support your
future work together.  Caren