Re: Commonhouse tables....metal/wood/round/rectangle?
From: mark harfenist (markbellinghamcohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 01:12:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Kelly,

Hmmm. Maybe I need to pay more attention to what is normally found in banquet halls. Are you imagining fake wood-grained tops, dark in color with plastic edgebanding? What I am suggesting is a definite improvement.

Ours are used with or without tablecloths; three coats of alkyd polyurethane is waterproof, solvent (i.e. alcohol) proof, stain proof, and somewhat dent-and-scratch proof. Aesthetic appeal varies according to species and cut of wood used; tables can be anything from perfectly tolerable to absolutely stunning.

Hope that helps.

Mark