Re: dealing with vandalism by off-site teens
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
Robert,

So sorry to hear of your troubles.

We had a resident teenager burgalize a few houses MANY years ago. It was more on a dare than anything malicious and it resolved itself well with his confession, apology, and paying people back.

More recently we had some mental-illness-related vandalism, that also resolved itself well with support to parent, medical attention, etc. It was very scary, mostly because we saw a lovely child member of our community transformed nearly overnight by mental illness.

The only advice I can give you is to keep up the talk especially with the parents of the troubled youth, and the kids of your community. Are the parents receptive to the type of support that your community can offer?

Laura

Laura E. Fitch, AIA, LEED
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc.
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.