RE: Keeping Cats from Killing Birds
From: Eris Weaver (eriswsonic.net)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:26:18 -0700 (PDT)
Here at FrogSong we have also had community members concerned about our
outdoor cats killing birds. We had a recent meeting devoted to
discussing pet issues and concerns; our policies are intentionally
somewhat vague and there has been resistance to flat out requiring bibs,
new cats be indoors, etc. Several people have voluntarily put these bibs
on their cats and they do stop them from killing birds, which the bells
don't. It doesn't stop them from killing mice, lizards and frogs. Most
of the cats don't seem to mind wearing them; one cat seems to mind that
his FRIEND is wearing one. They look pretty silly. A neighbor child
asked us why all our cats are wearing capes. (They look like capes when
they get turned around backwards!)

Eris Weaver                 erisw [at] sonic.net
FrogSong Cohousing in Cotati, CA

"The cure for anything is saltwater -
sweat, tears, or the sea."
                        - Isak Dinesen