Re: Peak Oil (national conf in Denver Nov 10)
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:30:21 -0800 (PST)
Matt Worswick Synergy Design / Harmony Village, Colorado mworswick [at] aol.com
is the author of the message below. It was posted by Fred the Cohousing-L
list manager <fholson [at] cohousing.org> after deleting excessively long
quote,
tweaking subject line and URL  (remember to include the "http://"; )

I debated whether to approve the original article tho it did as a question
in the context of cohousing so I hesitantly approved it.  PLEASE don't
start a debate about Peak Oil here.  Tho responses related to cohousing

Fred, listserv manager and bicyclist who is convinced that CHEAP oil will
      be "running out" in the relatively near future.

I appreciate Buzz's thoughtful perspective on this issue. Many of us who
have been following the nonrenewable energy issue for decades have
wondered and speculated about how our society will make a transition to
other fuels (and lifestyles?) when(ever) the inevitable shortages set in.
Obviously, current events have brought those to the fore once again!

For those of you interested in this topic, the newly formed Association
for Peak Oil is holding a national conference in Denver next week,
November 10-11. Energy and policy experts from around the world will be
speaking.....

It's titled - Beyond Oil: Intelligent Response to Peak Oil Impacts / A
Dialogue with the Experts

For more info, go to http://www.aspo-usa.com