emergency communications
From: jane h (janehhhcomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:42:45 -0800 (PST)
We are a young cohousing community deep inside the city of Boston. We have just
survived our first major emergency - backed up city sewers flowing into our
basement! - and as we are going into our first winter we are looking to create
procedures to cope with building emergencies - from sewer overflows to broken
pipes, power or heating failure, etc.  Even should we decide to outsource this
to a management company - and there is reluctance to take this route - we would
still need a method for reporting, communicating, investigating,
trouble-shooting such problems. Can you offer us some guidance from your
experience?
Thanks a lot,
Jane
Jamaica Plain Cohousing