Re: Re: cordless phone, answering machine in the common house?
From: Peg Blum (pegbcambridgecohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:15:18 -0800 (PST)
At Cambridge Cohousing, we have had a phone with 3 extensions (coho office,
kitchen, guest room suite).  The phones in kitchen and guest room hall have
the ringers turned off.  They are to be used for outgoing emergency calls.
We did have a visitor who became quite ill one night in a guest room and
that moved us to install the extension there.  The phones are blocked for
all but local calls.  The office phone is connected to an answering machine
which is infrequently checked.  The outgoing message states that fact and
requests callers to go to our website, request tours from
tours-info [at] cambridgecohousing.org  which goes directly to our tour
coordinator, and for general info, contact info [at] cambridgecohousing.org  The
message also gives the home phone number of one member who is willing to
take the occasional call from those not electronically connected.  This
seems to be working well.

Peg Blum
Cambridge Cohousing (Cambridge, MA)

pegb [at] cambridgecohousing.org