Re: CID assessments paying for social events
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:45:21 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 7, 2005, at 12:33 PM, OCC11NG wrote:

When an owner agrees to the financial obligations of an ordinary HOA, there usually is no expectation that social programs will be an integral part of the experience of living in the development. Our new owners were not told of this activity nor the necessity of funding it. It seems to me that since
there is no expectation that new members are expected to contribute to
social programs, there is no reason why they should be held delinquent if
they do not pay that portion of the dues allocation to these purposes.

Aren't new members given a copy of your budget before the purchase their units?

Who sets the expectations?

The community should reach agreements on things like this. I would think that if some members do not want to pay for community support items out of the budget, they should be funded in another way. But to allow some people to say, "Oh, I didn't know about this so I don't have to pay" is not a good way to handle it.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC