Re: CID assessments paying for social events
From: OCC11NG (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 14:47:07 -0800 (PST)
Sharon:

So what you are saying is that if our association presents itself as a social organization and expects new residents to sign an agreement to financially support this kind of activity, then we can expect them to pay all expenses.

Unfortunately, two new units were sold recently by realtors and no agreements were signed by the new owners acknowledging that they understood we were a cohousing association. All they knew was that we are a simple HOA. I think to suddenly declare "Surprise! You owe us for social expenses" is not defensible in a court of law. I think that they can refuse to pay the surcharge if they want.

Norm Gauss
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharon Villines" <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>