Re: CID assessments paying for social events
From: OCC11NG (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:26:19 -0800 (PST)
Common Interest Development law in California assigns Boards of Directors the power to levy assessments for upkeep of the buildings and grounds. CIDs are not meant to be social clubs. In fact most people who move into CIDs usually have no interest in interacting with their neighbors. Sharing commonly owned facilities is fine, but that is as far as the sharing goes.

Cohousing adds new expenses to CID living. Unless a person agrees to support these expenses, he/she should not be held liable for payment of them.

Norm Gauss
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharon Villines" <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>