Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 04:52:03 -0800 (PST)
Hi Andrea,
We will have a Zipcar on site. Zipcar is a car cooperative, and they own the vehicle and cover insurance, gas, and maintenance. We have what is called a "sponsored account." Details below.

If you wanted to use the minivan as a community car I imagine you would have to form a trust or some other ownership entity to own, maintain and insure it. This could involve some set-up work, but I think it's a great idea.

--Diane(:^]
MARKETING FACILITATOR AND ZIPCAR ADMINISTRATOR
JP COHOUSING  617-522-2209
P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS
HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG

Details for our “Sponsored Account”

•        We are getting a Toyota Prius in the next 1 to 1.5 weeks.

• Starting with the 4th month of our contract, Zip Car will begin paying just JP Cohousing $125/month to rent our space

• For JP Cohousing members or anyone in the BNA (Brookside Neighborhood Association) the Zip Car membership fee will be $25/year. In exchange for free space rent for the first 90 days, anyone who joins Zip Car between Nov. 1 and January 31st will receive a $25 driving credit. This would make your first year’s membership essentially free. If you join after January 31st you will not get the driving credit.

• Reserving the Zip Car will cost members $8.50/hour or $60/24 hour day. This is a reduced rate from the normal Prius rates.

• A reservation includes: gas, insurance, and 125 free miles. Over 125 miles costs 20 cents each additional mile

• You must pay any tolls, parking tickets, or parking fees that your incur

• I have agreed to be our Zip Car Administrator. Zip Car has created a web page for our sign-ups where you fill out a Zip Car application form giving your personal driving information. Then I receive an email where I approves you as being a member of BNA or JP Cohousing. Then Zip Car processes your application and you can start reserving the car. This sign-up process takes around 24-48 hours.

 • You can use our Zip Car or any other Zip Car you want. The zipcar web site tells you where they all are. There are 9 others in Jamaica Plain and lots more aroundBoston. If you reserved a larger car, the hourly fee could be higher.