|Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)|
|Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 04:52:03 -0800 (PST)|
Hi Andrea,We will have a Zipcar on site. Zipcar is a car cooperative, and they own the vehicle and cover insurance, gas, and maintenance. We have what is called a "sponsored account." Details below.
If you wanted to use the minivan as a community car I imagine you would have to form a trust or some other ownership entity to own, maintain and insure it. This could involve some set-up work, but I think it's a great idea.
--Diane(:^] MARKETING FACILITATOR AND ZIPCAR ADMINISTRATOR JP COHOUSING 617-522-2209 P.O. BOX 420 BOSTON MASSACHUSETTS HTTP://WWW.JPCOHOUSING.ORG = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = Details for our “Sponsored Account” • We are getting a Toyota Prius in the next 1 to 1.5 weeks.• Starting with the 4th month of our contract, Zip Car will begin paying just JP Cohousing $125/month to rent our space
• For JP Cohousing members or anyone in the BNA (Brookside Neighborhood Association) the Zip Car membership fee will be $25/year. In exchange for free space rent for the first 90 days, anyone who joins Zip Car between Nov. 1 and January 31st will receive a $25 driving credit. This would make your first year’s membership essentially free. If you join after January 31st you will not get the driving credit.
• Reserving the Zip Car will cost members $8.50/hour or $60/24 hour day. This is a reduced rate from the normal Prius rates.
• A reservation includes: gas, insurance, and 125 free miles. Over 125 miles costs 20 cents each additional mile
• You must pay any tolls, parking tickets, or parking fees that your incur
• I have agreed to be our Zip Car Administrator. Zip Car has created a web page for our sign-ups where you fill out a Zip Car application form giving your personal driving information. Then I receive an email where I approves you as being a member of BNA or JP Cohousing. Then Zip Car processes your application and you can start reserving the car. This sign-up process takes around 24-48 hours.
• You can use our Zip Car or any other Zip Car you want. The zipcar web site tells you where they all are. There are 9 others in Jamaica Plain and lots more aroundBoston. If you reserved a larger car, the hourly fee could be higher.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
On Tuesday, November 8, 2005, at 07:42 AM, Andrea Carlson wrote:
The topic of a shared vehicle has come up and is of interest to several members of the community. My husband has a mini van which would be great for this purpose, however, we are wondering how the shared vehicle "arrangement" works in any established communities who have one. For example, who owns the vehicle and how is insurance and maintenance handled?
Shared Vehicles in Cohos apierlioni, November 7 2005
- Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos dwoodard, November 8 2005
- Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos Patricia Kipping, November 8 2005
- Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos Tree Bressen, November 8 2005
- Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos Dave and Diane, November 8 2005
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.