Re: Re: Emergencies
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 05:54:18 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 8, 2005, at 7:03 AM, Dave and Diane wrote:

Hi Sharon,
Could you shed some light on this? Did this happen in the common house or in a private unit?
Also, did you have a crimewatch at the time?

We also had an emergency early on and a baby died. The need to call 911
immediately was impressed upon us.

This was a SIDS death of a 5-day-old infant and didn't happened in the commonhouse but could have. What we were made aware of is the need to have instant access to a phone to call 911. While having a phone didn't help this baby, knowing that 911 was called and an ambulance there in 5 minutes assured us that we had done all we could for Isaac. If we had had to go look for a phone or even shout out who has a phone and explain why we needed 911, it would have been at least 5 minutes longer and we would not have that assurance.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC
http://www.takomavillage.org

  • Re: Emergencies Dave and Diane, November 8 2005
    • Re: Re: Emergencies Sharon Villines, November 8 2005