Re: Shared Vehicles in Cohos
From: Selwyn Polit (selwynaustintx.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 10:37:08 -0800 (PST)
Hi Chris,
could you define "don't like" as in "Insurance companies don't like these kinds of situations, of course." Is it really necessary to explain to them that this is the situation? If one does explain this, what kinds of problems does this cause? Of course the price goes up, but any idea as to how much?

Selwyn
Austin, TX

And depending on where your community is located...  (living on an
island can be helpful in this case)

Another way is to just leave the keys in those vehicles that a person
or household is willing to share  with others.  Then talk to your
neighbors over dinner and share info about use limitations or
idiosyncrasies for these vehicle(s) (like how to get it started), and
poof, you have cheap car sharing.

Insurance companies don't like these kinds of situations, of course.

Chris