Re: Middle Units dark
From: OldSol (OldSolaol.com)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:19:29 -0800 (PST)

"The tricks to daylighting interior houses are well known--put in  sky
lights, solatubes, clerestory roof lines, orient your houses south,  east
or west, limit interior walls when possible, paint the walls light  colors
so sunlight bounces deep into the house, etc. You just need a  savvy
architect, ......."

Agreed!
Here in Milagro Cohousing (Tucson AZ) we have been living in a center unit
for three years with no east or west windows and no skylights,  yet there  is
natural light in every room, including the baths.  It's all in the  design.  We
love it.        ---JOHN  SOLSO