Re: Kids Room Policy
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 07:50:32 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 11, 2005, at 11:31 PM, Thomas Mooers wrote:

Any examples/thoughts on posted policy for a Common House Kids Room?

The most simple thing we've done, and really the only policy, is that the door is locked. All adults have a key but keeping it locked reminds adults that if they unlock it, they are responsible for cleaning up.

And no diapers left in the trash. This is for a kids room used by under age 6.

I guess early on we also discovered that we had to make a break -- we couldn't set up a room to be used by 8-12 year olds and for younger kids as well. All the toys got trashed.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC