Re:in floor radient heating option
From: Bonnie Fergusson (fergyb2yahoo.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:55:01 -0800 (PST)
Dear All,
    Our community, Swan's Market Cohousing in Oakland,
CA is also  in a mild climate area and has baseboard
heating.  I grew up in a private home with radient
floor heating, also in California, so I have
experience with both types.  I would have to say the
radient floor heating felt better, nothing beats the
luxury of getting out of bed on a cold winter morning
and stepping onto a warm floor.  On the other hand
when maintenance is required when things go wrong it
is definately easier to be dealing with the baseboard
heating.  When my parent's died and we had to sell the
house my sisters and I discovered that the heating
system had stopped working and they basically had to
jackhammer up the concrete slab it was laid in to fix
it.  Last winter when we had some problems with
erratic heating here it was a lot easier to bleed the
system (which had air bubbles in it which were
defeating the pumping system) and fix it so I would
recommend factoring long term maintenance issues into
your diecision.
                               Good luck,
                            Bonnie Fergusson

http://farechase.yahoo.com