Re: Parking.
From: Deborah Mensch (deborahmenschgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:56:41 -0800 (PST)
Keep in mind that you will need some parking for guests. Our community is on
a street that is totally no-parking (and I know other communities in areas
where finding street parking is very hard at some times of the day/week),
and these can make it hard for guests to come in cars if you don't have
enough extra spaces. Also, "guests" includes many people other than your
owner/residents: dinner guests, overnight guests staying in your guest
rooms, people renting rooms in your units, people who frequently stay
overnight with a resident, contractors working on common areas or private
units, and people coming for events at your common house. We negotiated
downward from our municipal requirement of (I believe) 2 spaces per unit,
and though I can't tell you exactly how many spaces we do have, occasionally
residents who come home late at night have to park off-site. If street
parking is easy where you will be, this may not be as large a concern.

Deborah Mensch
Pleasant Hill Cohousing, CA

On 11/13/05, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com> wrote:

> On Nov 13, 2005, at 11:08 PM, Rob Sandelin wrote:
>
> > Parking is often a development requirement from a municipality.
> > Sometimes
> > you can negotiate this downward, however sometimes the prime concern
> > is that
> > cars from your project will "street park". 2.5 spaces per unit is a
> > common
> > requirement around our area.

  • Re: Parking., (continued)