Re: Cost of eco building
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:20:52 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 14, 2005, at 12:07 PM, aamato [at] worldbank.org wrote:

"We have one resident (in one of those middle units) whose total bill is
$21 but she doesn't have a washer/dryer, works away from home, and is
frequently traveling on weekends."

Just a quick correction... I'm the resident Sharon is talking about, and my HIGHEST electric/heating bill has been $21 with our geothermal system... My average is about $10-$12. Of course, as she mentioned, I have a middle unit and
my house is only about 700 sq. ft.

Anna, I was adding in the $13 a month for the bi-annual servicing contract.

Basically, Anna pays less for electricity than she pays for maintenance servicing which asjusts the water pressure in the geothermal ground loops, flow rates, and other working parts.

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC