Re: Parking Use not Numbers
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:20:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi Tim,
We built 40 parking spaces for a 30-unit complex. 6 are tandem spaces in the
back. 7 are guest spaces along the side. The tandem spots are not being used
except by one car that does not run very often. (Actually, I am not sure if it
runs at all.)

We have 3 studios, 6 1-bedrooms, 8 3-bedrooms, 1 4-bedroom, and 12 2-bedrooms.
I currently count: 4 0-car households, 3 2-car households, and 23 1-car
households. Getting the Zipcar may tip a couple more households into the 0-car
category. That is 29 cars for the 26 "useable" spots in our complex. That is
too low, and many people park on the street. Plus, we didn't take into account
teenagers and renters who may get cars. So, even if you're urban and on a bike
trail I would say have at least a 1-1 ratio of "useable" spots to units.

--Diane(:^|