Re: Bike locker designs
From: Eris Weaver (eriswsonic.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 07:47:52 -0800 (PST)
> A relatively neat and efficient way to
> organize bikes is to hang them on hooks by their wheel.  In
> such a system, bikes are alternated handlebar up/down, hooks
> are marked with the proper orientation, and hooks need to be
> spaced about 14in minimum w/ 14in on each end of the hooks.

We have a similar system and it is NOT working for us very well. Bikes
with baby seats on the back or touring handlesbars take up more than the
alloted width; kids bikes and stroller tend to accumulate in FRONT of
the hung-up bikes; some people don't have the strength to lift their
bikes that high; the alternate spaces don't get used because of the
width issue; etc.

It works OK as STORAGE but if you use your bike every day it is a job to
move others out of the way and wrestle your out.

ANybody have any other system that works?

Eris Weaver                 erisw [at] sonic.net
FrogSOng

"The cure for anything is saltwater -
sweat, tears, or the sea."
                        - Isak Dinesen