Home price for cohousing, over price of surrounding comparable houses
From: Becky Weaver (beckyweaverswbell.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:34:55 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

My group (Central Austin Cohousing) has been working under an assumption that
the initial price (i.e. not resale price) of a cohousing home will be about 10
- 15% higher than the price for a comparable (same square footage &
construction quality) home nearby. In other words, we have been assuming that
the price for the common facilities and other cohousing-specific costs average
10 - 15% per home.

My question is, what was that ratio for your community?

My goal is to get a handle on we should expect, and what we should aim for, in
terms of development costs/home prices.

Thanks,

Becky