Re: Re: Bike locker designs
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 10:01:25 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 17, 2005, at 12:51 PM, Lyle Scheer wrote:

This brings up another good question... I've seen the discussion on
planning number of parking spaces per unit, but what's the average
number of bicycles per unit in your various co-housing projects?  It
would be good to realistically plan this.  I was thinking 2 per unit,
but this might be too low.

Two per unit would be good if you have a mix of one, two, and three bedrooms and a wide age range.

But people tend to keep bicycles even if they haven't used them in years. Since they aren't paying insurance, etc. why get rid of them?

My suggestion would be two per unit but state expectations for use, or charge for use.

I'm not really sure why people have access to common areas for the storage of bikes, toys, and barbecue stuff when they have to pay for storage of other stuff (storage units, etc.)

Sharon
-----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC