Social expenses
From: terri's phch address (terriphch.org)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 06:47:27 -0800 (PST)

than "Re: Contents of Cohousing-L digest..."

Today's Topics:

  1. Budgeted Social Expenses  (OCC11NG)

Norm wrote:
We are preparing our budget for 2006 and have proposed that social expenses be about 8% of our total operating expenses (not including reserves). How does this compare with other cohousing communities?

I would like to get a perspective on how much elective spending over and above property management is typical for cohousing communities?

What all are you calling a "social expense"? Do you include things like the workshop ctte, craft room, and facilitation workshops, or just what the Social Ctte is budgeted for parties, etc?

Terri Hupfer
Pleasant Hill Cohousong