RE: Landscaping Budget
From: Casey Morrigan (cjmorrpacbell.net)
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 14:16:58 -0800 (PST)
I like to think about whether a budget item meets the needs of the
community. I find this a more helpful concept rather than applying the
criterion of extravagant or non-extravagant.

If there was one main thing I took away from all the training Rob S. did
with our community, it was to try something out for a while. This helped me
in doing budget planning for the community - I did not have to get it all
right the first time - we could try "it" and see if it worked.

We have had lots of discussions around landscaping work. We do not share a
common idea among households of how much landscaping and plant replacement
there needs to be, nor do all households agree on the amount of hired labor
we should use. We try things out to see how it goes. It has been a little
different every year.

Casey M.
Two Acre Wood
Sebastopol, CA