Re: Affordable housing and cohousing
From: Kai von Fintel (mosaic.fintelgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:58:49 -0800 (PST)
On 11/21/05, karen jacobsen <karenldrn [at] earthlink.net> wrote:

> I am looking for anyone who has experience working on affordable housing
> with Habitat and CoHousing.
> [...] Some [Habitat] board members feel the populations they serve are unable
> function in a community that requires the amount of participation and
> communication which happens in CoHousing. [...] This might not be of
> interest for the whole list serve.

I would be interested in such experiences as well, beyond Habitat into
more standard government-sponsored affordable/subsidized housing as
well. We have heard similar reservations (from officials) about the
idea of affordable housing fitting with the heavily participatory
cohousing model.

--
Kai von Fintel
Mosaic Commons, Berlin, MA